Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Lion of the tribe of Judah

I spent some time watching a program on television yesterday about various animals getting into uncomfortable situations. Some of the situations presented danger to the animals themselves and some posed danger to the people who were trying to rescue these animals. The last segment of the program was about two young men in London who took a cub (I forgot where they got him) and kept him in their apartment for a while. He became quite a fixture in London, traveled all around with them etc. As was expected he grew really really big and was deemed quite dangerous then even though he didn't show any signs of aggressive behavior towards those around him.
While closing off the program the commentator shared some information about lions that I found quite interesting. He said a lion's ears can twist and move to hear his prey about a mile away. He also said the lion's sense of smell is heightened because his hearing is so sharp. Another interesting fact was that the lion's eyes are bigger and sharper than those of other cats in the jungle.
I sat and thought about all this and I started to let my mind dwell on the fact that Jesus is the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. His ears are able to sense the danger the enemy is planning for me way in advance when I have no idea what could befall me. His eyes are sharper than those of my enemy and He is watching over me day and night. Hallelujah! He can sniff out the plans of the devil and expose them before they have a chance to bring destruction to my life and those that I care about.
Revelation 5:5 says the Lion of the tribe of Judah has triumphed. He has already won the battle for us. We don't have to live defeated lives. The victory is already ours. Let us take some time today and meditate on the protection God has given us through Jesus Christ. He is our banner our shield and our fortress.

Blessings,
Vickie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. You really have a gift for words.