Tuesday, September 2, 2008

While I walk, I'll write....

I know it can be a dangerous thing to write while walking, but since God orders my footsteps, His word becomes a light to my path and a lamp to my feet that will keep me from stumbling. My walk of faith has been designed by God before I was formed in my mother's womb. It has taken me quite a while to get on the course He has laid out for me. I've been side-tracked by the enemy, and I've put stumbling blocks in my own path at times by not heeding the promptings of the Holy Spirit or taking advantage of opportunities He sent my way. But through it all He has lovingly led me on. I am so thankful that He already had a plan of remedy to bring me back to where He always intended me to be. It is quite a relief to surrender to His call, and my soul is excited at the prospects He has outlined for me.
My journey, I know, is so far from over, but I am forever grateful and my heart truly humbled to think that He could even consider using me. I don't know where He will take me in my writing, but I know as I walk by faith and in obedience things will become clearer.
My prayer is that whatever He prompts me to write will first of all challenge my own heart to come up higher in Him, and then that challenge will be extended to those who would read my words.

No comments: