Monday, September 29, 2008

Praise God we're home!

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know that my son came home from the hospital Sunday afternoon. I was pleasantly surprised, since the doctor had hinted that he may discharge him sometime Monday or so.

God has been truly working and he is healing nicely. He was up walking around the hospital. All his 'connections' were gone. No tubes, IV"s, nothing. He is still not allowed to eat anything too heavy duty yet, just some chicken soup and a few crackers, a bit of ice-cream for a treat. However he is absolutely happy to be at home in his own bed. He has been wearing a big broad smile ever since he was given the o.k. by the doctor.

Of course I will be keeping a close watch on him to make sure he is doing well, but it feels so good to be home. I didn't even realise how tiring it was being there with him a whole week. After settling him in and giving him something to eat, I crashed for about 3 hours or so.

Anyway, I just wanted to say a heartfelt thank you to everyone who posted inquiring about his well-being and most of all those of you who prayed for us. Please continue to keep him in your prayers for a complete recovery.

God spoke some things to my heart while being there with him and I do want to share some of them later.

Bless you all.
Vickie

2 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

Yay Vickie! Glad you are both home and he is doing well! Will you be able to stay home longer to be with him? Hope so! take care:)

Yolanda said...

Thank you Lord Jesus