Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Word Filled Wednesday

But the angel said to him: "Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. He will be a joy and a delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born." Luke 1:13-15


The stories of the births of John and Jesus are stories that I have read countless times in my years of being a christian. However, since I started to develop a habit of asking God to give me fresh revelations and insights every time I read His word, it is amazing the new truths I see coming out.

The angel spoke words to Zechariah that so continues to reveal the true nature of God. He said, "He (the baby John) will be a joy and delight to you and many will rejoice because of His birth for he will be great in the sight of the Lord." This child was going to be a blessing and and bring great joy and delight to many people. Isn't that so like God? In Proverbs 10:22 the Word says,' the blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and He addeth no sorrow with it." He was going to be the forerunner for Jesus and yes along with that, he would be a great joy to not only his parents but to many people. What a privilege and an amazing blessing indeed.

Another thing the angel said was, 'he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.' God has plans for us even before we are born. Before our mothers and fathers even came together He already had an appointed way for us. This could only be the work of a truly awesome God, to fill a child with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. His plans to prosper us and to bring us to an expected end were in place before we even opened our eyes. All the days ordained for us were written in His book before one of them came to be. (Psalm 139:16)

My heart is so overwhelmed when I think of the great big God putting a plan in place that is so beyond my human mind, to prepare this world for His Only Begotten Son. He then humbled Himself and took on the form of a man so He could identify with my pain and my joy, my ups and my downs.

Lord thank you for caring so much that You would take the time to go over every detail in Your plan to reconcile me unto Yourself. Lord, thank You for Jesus.


For more wonderful Word-Filled Wednesday posts please visit Amydeanne.

A reminder of my Cool Christmas giveaway. I'm giving away to two wonderful bloggers, a copy of my book "A Celebration of Praise' and two of my personally designed bookmarks with orginial poetry on them. Visit here to enter.


Blessings,
Vickie

4 comments:

Denise said...

Be sweetly blessed dear one.

Amydeanne said...

making my prayer the same as your prayer!

Terri Tiffany said...

I love knowing that God already knows the plans for my life and is in them with me. You are an encouragement to me whenever I read your posts! Be blessed today!

Tracy said...

Wonderful, beautiful post here! Thank you for sharing with us! Blessings and Merry Christmas!