Monday, September 28, 2009

Acceptance

For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will - to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves. Ephesians 1:4-6 (NIV)

We may never receive the full acceptance and approval of the people in our lives. But God has already given us His approval and His acceptance. He chose us. What a thought! He chose us. He didn't have to, nor was He forced to. He loved us before we even loved Him or thought about Him.

Would we dare to even think of living our lives without acknowledging Him?

I know me and I know God knows me. Yet it amazes me that He would still choose me. I struggle so much, I start and I stop. I fight to discipline myself. I have a lot of insecurities and am very self-conscious most of the time. Yet, God predestined me to be used of Him.

Unbelievable!

Mind-boggling!

Humbling!

Lord I thank You for not giving up on me. I thank You that despite my many many faults, You still saw fit to choose me to be a part of Your Kingdom. Thank you Jesus for Your unconditional love. Thank You Lord, for working with me, working on me and by Your Holy Spirit working through me. In Jesus name. Amen

Blessings,
Vickie

6 comments:

Kim said...

You will never know how much I needed to hear exactly what you said - right this minute. I haven't had a lot of time to read blogs lately and I'm actually on my way out the door - but then I stopped to check yours. I love how God works.


May you feel His extravagant love all over you today and in the days to come.

Yolanda said...

Vickie,

What truths, that He loved us so much, THAT much and that I walk through life at times, not really remembering to become more like Him. To allow Him to recreate me to be holy and blameless.

May I today, be reminded of His love and His choosing.

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Beth in NC said...

Amen. God's love and acceptance amazes me too.

We are chosen ...

Have a super blessed Sunday!

Love,
Beth

Crown of Beauty said...

Hi Vickie,
What an encouragement your post is, to be reminded that I am accepted just as I am... Jesus having paid the price, the perfect sacrifice.

After reading a few of your past posts, I have also decided to read my bible faster...and from cover to cover, reading the story of our salvation as it unfolds.

Blessings on your day!

Love
Lidj

Terri Tiffany said...

Are you back on?? Are you going to school now?

Terri Tiffany said...

It was so nice to hear from you! So you are going to school weekends? Wow! DO you love it?
We have been making some big decisions here and I pray they are what the Lord would have us to do. Please stay in touch:)