Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Word Filled Wednesday.

Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives' tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4: 7 & 8

These verses are so challenging to me. I was almost shocked to hear Paul say, "train yourself to be godly." That means I have to purpose to find out what pleases God and get to it. I have to invest time in christian growth, be determined in carving out time for prayer, bible study and devotions, not hoping to find some time for these very important things.

Physical training is good because it profits the body which is just for here, but the word says godliness is even better because it has value for all things, both here and for eternity. It profits both the body and the spirit. A greater investment in the things of God has eternal rewards.

Lord, thank you for highlighting these verses today to my heart. Help me dear God to rearrange my priorities so that as I put You first and make seeking Your kingdom my most important job, then everything else will fall into place. Lord help me wherever I fall short. Anything I have put in your place I ask you to remove it and come reign on the throne of my heart. In Jesus name, Amen.


Blessings,
Vickie

7 comments:

gail said...

great insight. happy WFW!

Tracy said...

Wonderful wisdom here. I particularly liked the first paragraph. Kinda seems like choosing life to me! Great job, thanks for sharing this verse and your insights. Blessings!

Terri Tiffany said...

I don't always invest the time I should in Godly pursuits. Thank you for good thoughts to start my day!

Alexis said...

Wise words you have shared, thank you!

Amydeanne said...

something that i thought of for a while.. great post! it is very encouraging!

Joy Junktion said...

Hi Vickie,

I want to say thank you for your encouraging words you left on my blog. Wow, I sure had a bad couple of days but I am doing much better thanks to the friends God has blessed me with.

Bless you,
Cindy

Denise said...

Awesome, bless you.